I am feeling so grateful right now for so many things and just want to share a few…
1. I am blessed to have the most wonderful family. We celebrated my Dad’s 55th birthday last weekend at The Wild Horse. I was excited to give him a bottle of Napa wine from our California trip, some special honey from the Ferry Building in San Francisco (he LOVES honey), and a beautiful print from Napa.
As I get older, I find that I appreciate my parents more and more. I am so grateful that they are supportive, close by, and healthy. I feel like I am constantly hearing about friend’s parents who are sick or who have passed away. Anyway, I am thankful for them and had a wonderful night celebrating my Dad’s birthday. I hope that one day I can be as strong, generous and hard working as he is. He has given so much back to our community, our church, our family, his work place… the list goes on.
Here he is celebrating his birthday:
He found this card the other day that I made for him when he turned 46…
2. I am so grateful to have found my one true love at age 24. I know I mention Greg a lot on here, but not enough. He is truly my best friend, partner, and an inspiring person to share my life with.
Today we had a classic moment where I was taking a nap downstairs with the dogs and I came upstairs to Greg watching, “The Best Football Motivational Video 2011.” If you’re looking for a motivational video, I highly suggest it. If you know Greg, you’ll be laughing right now, because it is just SO characteristic of him. He then started ranting about how it is true that our generation is lazy and that everyone looks for the easy route to success. His favorite quote from the video is:
“Harriet Tubman not only didn’t quit but she went back and got more.”
On that note, just wanted to say how much I love him for being true to himself, for being so hardworking, so sincere and so genuine. Oh, and for bringing me a coffee in bed from across the street after he had already worked out and I hadn’t gotten out of bed yet…that is true love if I do say so myself .
3. My dogs. I don’t need to say much here because I am always discussing them, but they bring constant unconditional love into my life every day and I just cannot imagine life without them . Even as they wrestle like crazy men on our bed right now…
And even though they jumped up on the TV Friday night because they were so excited about the squirrel and bird on the screen…
4. Supportive people. I am SO lucky to have an amazing group of friends, family members, professors, old bosses, teachers, family friends and acquaintances ..all of these people matter and bring joy to my life by supporting me through each chapter and decision in my life.
5. Great music. Recently I have re-discovered and newly discovered some songs that I can’t get enough of. Music truly is so powerful and can bring so many incredibly strong emotions to light. I’ve been listening to:
The Mowgli’s – San Francisco
The Mowgli’s – The Great Divide
Lana Del Rey – Ride
Ed Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Home
Ellie Goulding – Everytime You Go
Florence & The Machine – Dog Days
6. Upcoming trips. I am traveling SO much in the coming weeks and months and could not be more excited.
March – headed to Nashville with Greg for a family gathering.
April – headed to Florida with friends and Chicago with Greg to visit other friends.
May – Dallas with four college friends for a long girls weekend on Cinco de Mayo.
June – Asheville, NC for a friend’s wedding and our one year wedding anniversary!
July – Outer Banks, NC for lots of vacation time and Long Island for a wedding!
August – Outer Banks, NC for more vacation time!
WOW… I am feeling extremely lucky. I will also be headed to NYC in there a few times to visit friends.
7. I am so grateful for the potential to be a teacher and have an impact on lives of children.
I will leave on that note and write more later. I definitely feel like I’m floating on a cloud and sometimes find myself wondering if this is real life. How did I get this lucky?